Born's International Arbitration Lectures
- Comprehensive online course on international arbitration
- In-depth lectures by Gary Born, the preeminent authority on international commercial and investment arbitration
- Academic and rigorous
- Practical applications and advice
The COVID-19 pandemic has had wide ranging effects across all sections of our society, including education. In the current climate, the need to access online resources and content is even greater than before. Wolters Kluwer is committed to playing its part to reduce barriers and facilitate greater access to education. Wolters Kluwer, in conjunction with Professor Gary Born, are therefore pleased to announce that Born’s International Arbitration Lectures will now be available at only $ 10 (+VAT) per month. This temporary offer is valid from 8 April until end of September.
Preview the first chapter International Arbitration Agreements on YouTube for free
Born's International Arbitration Lectures
- International Commercial Arbitration
- Arbitration Agreements
- International Arbitral Procedures
- International Arbitral Awards
- Investment Arbitration
- State-to-State Arbitration
Comprehensive, high quality lecture series on international arbitration providing detailed, up-to-date treatment of all legal and practical aspects of international arbitration:
27 Chapters: Foundation Course and Advanced Topics
- Comprehensive lectures on all basic topics in Foundation Course
- Viewers may progress to advanced topics on selected subjects
- Almost 100 hours of lectures (includes Foundation Course and all Advanced Topics)
- Watch the first chapter International Arbitration Agreements on YouTube for free
Chapters divided into 20-30 minutes lectures
- 2 to 20 lectures per Chapter
- Each lecture is a high-quality video presentation with accompanying PowerPoint
- Each Chapter includes recommended reading list and syllabus
- Extensive discussion of all leading international arbitration treaties, legislation, judicial decisions and awards
Do you want to develop or improve your knowledge of international arbitration -- in your own time, at your own place, at your own pace?
Do you want to learn international arbitration a better way?
Born's International Arbitration Lectures provide you this opportunity. The series is developed by Wolters Kluwer, the introductory video can be watched here.
|Overview||International Arbitration: Law and Practice||Basic|
|Part I||Introduction to International Arbitration||Basic|
|Chapter 1||International Arbitration Agreements||Basic|
|Chapter 2||Legal Framework for International Arbitration Agreements||Basic|
|Chapter 3||Presumptive Validity of International Arbitration Agreements||Basic|
|Chapter 4||Separability of International Arbitration Agreements||Basic|
|Chapter 5||Competence-Competence in International Arbitration||Basic|
|Chapter 6||Choice of Law Governing International Arbitration Agreements||Basic|
|Chapter 7||Formation and Validity of International Arbitration Agreements||Basic|
|Chapter 8||Non-Arbitrability Doctrine and International Arbitration Agreements||Advanced|
|Chapter 9||Interpretation of International Arbitration Agreements||Basic|
|Chapter 10||Non-Signatory Issues in International Arbitration||Advanced|
|Part II||International Arbitral Procedures||Basic|
|Chapter 11||Legal Framework: International Arbitral Proceedings||Basic|
|Chapter 12||Selection and Importance of Arbitral Seat||Basic|
|Chapter 13||Selection and Removal of Arbitrators||Basic|
|Chapter 14||International Arbitration Procedures||Basic|
|Chapter 15||Evidence-Taking and Disclosure||Advanced|
|Chapter 16||Confidentiality and Transparency||Advanced|
|Chapter 17||Provisional Measures||Advanced|
|Chapter 18||Multi-Party and Multi-Contract Issues||Advanced|
|Chapter 19||Choice of Substantive Law||Advanced|
|Chapter 20||Legal Representatives and Professional Responsibility||Advanced|
|Part III||International Arbitral Awards||Basic|
|Chapter 21||Legal Framework: International Arbitral Awards||Basic|
|Chapter 22||International Arbitral Awards: Formal Requirements, Time Limits and Relief||Advanced|
|Chapter 23||Correction, Interpretation and Supplementation of International Arbitral Awards||Advanced|
|Chapter 24||Annulment of International Arbitral Awards||Basic|
|Chapter 25||Recognition and Enforcement of International Arbitral Awards||Basic|
|Chapter 26||Investor-State Arbitration||Basic|
|Chapter 27||State-to-State Arbitration||Advanced|
Born’s International Arbitration Lectures - FAQ
Are the Born’s International Arbitration Lectures included in a Kluwer Arbitration subscription?
- No, the Lectures are a separate product, hosted on a different platform called VimeoOtt.
What is the coverage of Born’s International Arbitration Lectures?
- The Lectures cover International Commercial Arbitration, Investment Arbitration, State-to-State Arbitration – Basic and Advanced level
How many videos are included in the Lectures and how long are they?
- The Lectures include 238 videos, nearly 100 hours in total.
- There are 27 chapters, each chapter contains multiple episodes/videos, each video is 20-30 minutes.
What is included in the subscription?
- Annual subscription provides access to all videos (nearly 100 hours; 238 videos of 20-30 min each).
- There are 27 chapters, each chapter contains multiple episodes/videos covering a specific topic, each video is 20-30 min.
- Log-in with email ID and password.
Payment & cancellation policy
- Subscription price for the Lectures is $ 349 (plus applicable VAT) for 12 months, payment is only possible in US Dollars. Yearly subscription is available until 8 April 2020.
- The COVID-19 pandemic has had wide ranging effects across all sections of our society, including education. In the current climate, the need to access online resources and content is even greater than before. Wolters Kluwer is committed to playing its part to reduce barriers and facilitate greater access to education. Wolters Kluwer, in conjunction with Professor Gary Born, are therefore pleased to announce that Born’s International Arbitration Lectures will now be available at only $ 10 (+VAT) per month. This temporary offer is valid from 8 April until end of September.
- Payment is required after 7 days of free trial.
- Payment can only be done by credit card, a wide range of credit cards is accepted by VimeoOtt.
- The subscription will automatically be renewed after 1 or 12 months, depending on your subscription. Customers will receive a reminder close to the end date of the subscription with possibility of renewing the subscription for another period.
- Customers can cancel their subscription at any time on the purchases settings page in VimeoOtt . Access to the content will remain until the next billing cycle period. Upon cancellation, subscribers will have access until their next renewal date - at which point the access will be revoked.
Will I get the certificate or credit points after completing the Lectures?
- Not at this moment, but we are investigating options to offer this in the future.
- For technical support please reach out to email@example.com – US based time zone
“I have spent my career learning and teaching about international arbitration. I developed the Lectures because I believe that their practical and academic content, and their accessibility, will be invaluable to lawyers, law students, professors, government officials and others interested in international commercial and investment arbitration,” said Mr. Born. “I appreciate the support of Wolters Kluwer, and colleagues around the world, who have made the Lectures possible.”
Partner and Chair International Arbitration Wilmer Cutler Pickering Hale and Dorr LLP